Thursday 3 January 2019

My Hero Academia 212 Review: Uraraka Flashbacks

Boku no Hero Academia, Chapter 212: Successor (Continued)


(I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the MHA anime reviews... sort of got caught up onto season three and while I did enjoy my run through the anime, I'm also sort of burnt out a bit. I guess we'll see.)

Huh. It's... it's a very, very short chapter, and it's not exactly just because of its length, but because a lot of the 'volume', so to speak, is just huge pages of things happening, and some of them are basically the same with the previous chapter's. We do start off with a pretty neat little flashback for Uraraka, showing that she's mainly motivated to bring smiles to people's faces -- be it the people she rescues, or her parents, or even other heroes. 

We get Uraraka and Shinsou basically teaming up to stop Midoriya, with Shinsou angsting a bit as to what question to ask Midoriya, before going with "let's fight again!" which instantly puts Midoriya under his thrall and calms him down. It's... it's kind of expected, honestly, and while not a bad scene, it could've been done in a less cheesy way, I suppose. Boku no Hero Academia tends to be pretty good at showcasing generic anime tropes in a fresh manner, but this is one that I feel to be pretty bland. 

The final scene shows Midoriya in the Avatar One For All dimension meeting with one of his predecessors, who is a lively, Present-Mic-esque guy who hopefully will give us some revelations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment