Friday 29 December 2017

Anime/Manga Plans For 2018

Merry Christmas for all of you out there, and we'll be finally stepping into 2018 pretty soon. I'll have the weekly chapter reviews for One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul and My Hero Academia up soon-ish today. And if you've noticed, you'll be seeing that I'm finally doing my overdue reviews for Digimon Adventure: Tri's fifth movie.

So my plans for 2018... I've been through a fair bit of manga burnout in this year, essentially cutting down my regular manga reviews to four of my absolute favourite manga that's still running at the moment (One Piece, MHA, Tokyo Ghoul and Taizai). And Berserk, whenever it pops up since it's a fickle beast. I'm still very much caught up to Shokugeki no Soma and Kingdom, but those are really hard mangas to review and sometimes I just intentionally let it go on for a month or two before reading a couple of chapters at once. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is another one that is very hard for me to review, since there's really not much to actually say.

But next year I do hope to try and get more reviews up in a timely fashion. Clearly the whole 'weekly mass mini-reviews' thing ended up not working out, so I'll try to  just limit it to manga chapters that actually interest people... and if the internet is anything to go by, Black Clover is the new Fairy Tail/Naruto/Bleach in terms of overwhelming popularity and an insanely divided opinion. Last time I left Black Clover, it's around its 60's and no anime's announced yet, and since then I've caught up to around the early 100's. I'll catch up to it this weekend, and we'll review it weekly. It's probably going to be interesting. Boruto is also getting a manga adaptation of the anime, and I'm definitely somewhat interested in reviewing it monthly -- while it ended horribly, I have enough fond memories of the Naruto franchise to at least try and talk about his series.

I also got somewhat caught up with Promised Neverland, which I still think is over-hyped as hell by people but it's more good than bad. I'm not sure if I'll do regular reviews for it, but we'll see.

But perhaps the big anime news is that I'm actually catching up on Dragon Ball Super like a madman. Partially it's because I just binge-watched Dragon Ball Abridged on Youtube and it's easily one of the most amazing things I've seen, and definitely rekindled my love for the franchise that the Buu saga sort of burnt out from me. I've watched through the entirety of the movie-adaptation episodes and I have OPINIONS on how they handled Battle of Gods and Resurrection F in a weekly-anime format, and am starting to get into the 'Universe 6 arc', as people tell me. I am going into all of these absolutely blind, and I think it's a far, far better thing to review than my previous attempts to review things I've already watched in the past. We'll also do a by-arc review doing forwards since it's all a year old or whatever and I won't waste time blathering about every episode when it's old news to everyone, and so I can catch up quickly to the fresh brand-new episodes.

As far as TV goes, I'll catch up to Runaways and Agents of SHIELD next year, while on the superhero cartoon front I have season three of Superman: The Animated Series ready to be proofread and uploaded eventually. I'm also going to focus a bit more on longer gaming articles like Lore of Hearthstone, which is unexpectedly but pleasantly one of the most popular features of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment