Monday 19 February 2018

Black Clover 145 Review: Deathflag Flashback

Black Clover, Chapter 145: Julius Nova Chrono


I guess I should talk about this chapter a bit... and then I realize there's really not much to talk about. It's just a big flashy move with many swords dangling above the entire city, then Julius wipes it out with his time magic (because, y'know, anyone who controls time is super-overpowered) and then Julius has this long, long flashback before being stabbed in the chest by Licht. And the flashback really didn't make that much sense as a character tool. It's a neat little world-building one, and it shows the viewpoint of the non-mages in the population (something that the inferior Fairy Tail absolutely glossed over) and the inherent racism, but honestly for all Julius built up about how he would become Magic Emperor and change it, everything that he sees in the flashback is the result of Asta and his Shonen Protagonist speeches more than anything that Julius does. So yeah... add that with rather hilariously bland dialogue and I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for this. It's definitely not terrible the way that something like Fairy Tail is, it's just utterly bland and honestly? Uninteresting since I've already read like a lot of other shonen manga.

So yeah, I'm likely to just drop this manga from my reviewing slots since I just didn't want to get super-burdened with reviewing this banal stuff every week. That didn't last very long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment