Sunday 18 November 2018

My Hero Academia 206 Review: Flying Horns

My Hero Academia, Chapter 206: The Conclusion of the Third Round


A bit of a simpler chapter, honestly. Apparently the huge showdown between Iida, Todoroki, Tetsutetsutetsutetsu and Honenuki isn't the end of the fight, because Shouji and Pony are apparently still fighting. We do get a bit of a "what's happening elsewhere" bit revealing how Honenuki escaped. Apparently Pony's abilities isn't just "shoot the horns at the enemy", but genuinely manipulating them. Kind of like Hawks, I guess? It's interesting, and she managed to use it, stab Ojiro in his tail and shoot him all the way to the prison, ending the match in the draw while she hovered above the battlefield standing on the other horns. It's... it's interesting, for sure, and I did admit that I probably underestimated Pony a whole ton last week.

Ojiro does get to do something cool with his tail, but I'm genuinely not sure why he's in 1A and not, oh, Honenuki or Ibara or Kuroiro  or any of the other genuinely powerful 1B students. Did Ojiro really score that high in the entrance test?

We get a pretty cool bit with Todoroki, Iida and Honenuki having a manly "I respect you and I acknowledge my weaknesses" bit before we go into the fourth round. Bakugou, Jiro, Sero and the sugar-strength dude face off against some of my favourite 1B designs, which is the weird lizard-ninja boy Togaru, the Heartless-esque Bondo, lizard-girl Tokage and... and bandana boy, who I don't remember at all.

Neat little setup chapter, but not really all that much for me to speak about. The moment of respect's definitely a cool character moment, though.

2 comments:

  1. Being in Class 1-A or 1-B isn't a matter of ranking. Class 1-A isn't considered a better class to be in than Class 1-B. It's just how the group of 40 students happened to be divided up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Huh. I've been working off the wrong impression all this while then, that the hero class was based off the scores from the entrance test. Whoops! I probably mixed up the conversation about the scores of the entrance test and the scores in the sports festival or something.

      Delete