Thursday 28 September 2017

Nanatsu no Taizai 236 Review: Yandere Teacher (also some manga review stuff)

Nanatsu no Taizai, Chapter 236: Rendezvous of Despair


Not much to say about this chapter, really. I'm just getting back from my trip, and am catching up to most of these manga chapters. Over my month-long trip I've kind of... kept up reasonably well with manga reviews, I think, while my prepared-and-ready-to-go gaming and cartoon reviews have done their job of not making the blog, well, dead, basically.

One thing I realized about the blog is that... reviews posted between 24 hours of a manga chapter being released on the internet, and reviews posted a couple of days -- not even a week, simply two or three days -- late get a ridiculously different amount of views. It's something I've known for a while, it's something that caused me to do the whole 'manga reviews of the week' format that I've kind of abandoned, and it's something that, honestly, is to be expected. A lot of the review hits when I deliver a manga chapter regularly are things like clickbaits and whatnot after people get hyped after a chapter, and... I don't really care that much about page views to have to stress myself out to make manga reviews like it's actual work, like a 'do this manga review in 12 hours, or else!' and it's been one of the things I've hated the most when making manga reviews. It's something that's been eating at me for a while now, which is why I'm going to say, once more... I'll do the reviews when I kind of have the time to get them done, regardless of view counts or whatever. I'm probably not going to stop, at least not on the main manga that I review, but if I skip a chapter or two of a manga because I don't find the chapter interesting enough to talk about, well, that's probably going to be more likely to happen.

Because to do things like creating content like this, I really need to be interested enough and have that muse, for lack of a better term, to really talk about a manga chapter, and sometimes... the chapter's just not that interesting, or is just a 'things happen' chapter, and I would rather write up something more creative, something that's different and stokes my interest more, or even go read like another manga or something. So yeah. 

Like this chapter, for example. In the future, this chapter is going to be the type I kind of just skip and talk over in the subsequent week. It's not necessarily bad (okay, some of the jokes between Chandler and Cussack were eyeball-rolling) but it's not throwaway. It's just the two mentors establishing that they're super-duper obsessed and super-loyal to the demon prince they're teaching, and Chandler shoots off to find Meliodas, and is angry and about to murder Elizabeth. Also, Estarossa is confirmed to be alive. We get some more establishment of Diane/Gowther/King stuff, which is cool, a display of power that shows Chandler's a lot stronger than maybe even Merlin, and some more Zeldoris-is-conflicted moments. Not too much to really talk about... it's interesting stuff, but it's stuff that'll fit on one paragraph.

So yeah, definitely excited to see what's going on in Taizai next week, but there's really not much that I can say here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment