Saturday 12 May 2018

My Hero Academia 182 Review: A Dance

My Hero Academia, Chapter 182: The Cultural Festival Unleashed


I didn't review the previous chapter of My Hero Academia mostly because... I kind of don't have much to say. It's more of a wrap-up chapter, showing Gentle getting carted away while Midoriya feels bad about fighting a villain with a relatively relatable motivation and backstory, but still clearly on the wrong side of the law. There's really not much for me to say there... and there's even less for me to say in this episode. But I guess I kind of want to do this little shorter review because it's been some time since I've reviewed manga chapters thanks to a break.

This chapter is 100% just the culture festival performance, with a bunch of pages with un-inked, unfinished artwork, which is really just unfortunate. I mean, I get what's going on from the gist of the art, and those are just 'people dancing', and the spotty artwork lasts for around two pages... but it's definitely distracting. We've got Eri smiling and Kyouka getting the spotlight with her screaming and getting a brief flashback with her parents about being a musician and a hero, which is nice. Ultimately, though, it's just a chapter for the culture festival dance which I really didn't think needed to last the entire chapter... and the rather spotty artwork doesn't really help matters either. 

Eh. I guess we're ready for the next arc? I sure am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment