Tuesday 22 May 2018

Nanatsu no Taizai 267-268 Mini-Review: Ban's Back?

Nanatsu no Taizai, Chapters 267-268


A double-chapter this week, and it's neat. Each chapter ends with Elizabeth and Meliodas going "I miss you", despite the completely unrelated storylines happening in both. 268 is all about Ban in purgatory, and... I'm not going to lie, I've completely forgotten that Ban's still part of the story and going off on his little side quest. He's hunting down Meliodas's emotions in purgatory, gets confused by the weird passage of time, and ends up fighting a big blobby black shadow dragon, that, of course, turns out to be Meliodas. It's neat, I suppose, and better late than never. 

267 is a bit more fast-paced than the purgatory stuff, I suppose, but Estarossa basically goes insane and tries to eat Elizabeth to make her be with him forever and ever. Okay? We've seen Estarossa basically repeating the same motive  rant of wanting to be with Elizabeth for a while now, so I'm not as interested as I probably should be. The jury's still out on whether Estarossa's  memories are fabricated (by Gowther or someone else), complete delusion due to his madness, or due to his absorbing of commandments. We've got a rescue squad formed of King, the archangels and Derriere, who King vouches for because he's seen the past. Neat stuff, but I don't really have much to talk about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment