Thursday 23 August 2018

Nanatsu no Taizai 278 Review: Not Even My Final Form

Nanatsu no Taizai, Chapter 278: Rise Up Against Despair


Nothing much for me to really talk about, to be honest. It's Mael/Esterossa getting even more and more powerful and activating commandments left and right, being oh-so-powerful and only our heroes, the Sins, can stand up against him. We get the return of both Oslo and Diane, which is neat, and we get the debut of Mael's new form, which I guess will excite some people. I'm... I'm indifferent, if we're being honest. Didn't we just have him with a new form not so long ago? Granted, putting a hood and turning him into a faceless figure is neat, but this is Shonen so he's going to get that cool face-tarp ripped off at some point. There's a lot of explosions, and Diane, Gowther and King are about to do a triple combination attack thing, but come on -- that's not going to work.

It's not a detriment against this chapter, mind you. Sometimes you just need some 'in-between' chapters,  especially after the revelation and exposition-heavy chapters of the past couple of chapters. This one's okay. I just don't have much to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment