Wednesday 31 December 2014

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire 15: Post-Game Stuff

I do some, but not all, of the post-game stuff.

First up, I cleared the remaining level of the Trick House I haven't touched yet, getting the Shalour Sable, which is an odd item like the Lava Cookie and whatnot which people thought was a dummied-out item in XY. I also get the Blue Tent for my troubles, which is the big prize. Haven't really touched Secret Bases at all, so I don't think I'll be using that anytime soon.

Then I head off to New Mauville. Expecting Wattson to just give me the key so I can head off to get the stuff there, apparently Wattson allows me to enter the Mauville Hills. It's a nice little atmospheric location, being apartments filled with Pokemon's normal assortment of quirky people, and it's completely brand-new content so it's nice. Wattson has an apartment and gives me the keys to New Mauville... which uses retinal scans now apparently.

And New Mauville... is a lot tinier than it was before. A lot prettier, yes, with a lot more props that the designers used, but it's basically just a couple of rooms and a couple of generators. I don't have to go through that Magnemite-infested series of hallways, which is a bit of a letdown, but after pillaging New Mauville of all its items (which isn't much, really, an Ampharosite is all that's notable) I head back and report to Wattson. He talks a bit about how they abandoned the proper development of New Mauville and stuff, and then that wraps that bit of the quest up.

I explore the rest of Mauville Heights, including this dude who's apparently being accosted by the mob for not being able to pay rent, which is freaking unexpected in a Pokemon game. Mob dude gives me the Lopunnite which he apparently took from the guy who can't pay rent, so, uh, jeez, that's freaking dark.

Also there's this guy talking about meeting Genesect or something. Dammit Nintendo, Heatran in XY and now this? Stop teasing us with all these possible-DLC-events!

Next up is the Abandoned Ship, which is called Sea Mauville in this incarnation, apparently because the big Mauville corporation behind the other two Mauvilles used to have a hand in Sea Mauville's creation before it being abandoned. It's an abandoned station to extract energy from the ocean, and apparently from the unique ecosystem it created, it's now a natural preserve. The battle background here is awesome!

And Sea Mauville's got a fair share of dark history behind it too. There are apparently a lot of overworked people on board Sea Mauville right up to its closure, and apparently there was some intense shit going on in the background involving Wattson protesting it for... whatever reason. Stern was also involved, though all he did was pull the good men to work with him in Slateport. The room keys thing is still a thing, though the order and stuff is different. And there is this room with a shit-ton of letters from a young professor Cozmo writing to his father, who seldom visits home and keeps fighting with his implied-to-be-adulterous mother. Jeez it's freaking dark! It's quite hidden well in the game and it's just freaking depressing to read Cozmo's letters to his fathers just talking about how he's happy of the few gifts (including the telescope) he received, and how he had sent this little Skitty doll to him... and apparently, the grandpa that told me to look for stuff was looking for Cozmo's Skitty doll. I ended up looting the rest of that room's treasures, including a shit-ton of Nuggets and a Beedrilite.

Man, that was depressing as all sorts of hell.

And then there is this room talking about the scary-ass Odd Keystone, and starts off with 'you are being watched' and I really honestly expected something along the lines of Lumiose's creepy-as-fuck ghost girl, but no. It's a Spiritomb. Which is still quite scary and fucking annoying when it kills itself, but still.

With the two Mauvilles down, I give the Scanner I find in a random spot in Sea Mauville to Captain Stern, who gives me the Tidal Bell that summons Lugia. I don't particularly want to go catch every single legendary since I have a fair amount of them in Y, so I leave that be. I board S.S. Tidal or whatever the ship is called, and takes me to Battle Resort.

The Battle Maison is still the same and apparently a reproduction of the one from Kalos, but the rest of the resort actually looks like a tropical resort, which is nice. I arrive with Wally, and bump to Maxie, as well as Tabitha and Courtney who has been absent throughout the Alpha Sapphire plot. They're funny and I like Courtney's crazy robot dialogue. "I'll... make him cry." indeed! Wally rams the two of them and it's funny and shit, Maxie gives me the Cameruptite and lampshades how it could've easily been him that I fight.

And then there are a lot of move tutors and trainers at the beach, who I'm going to assume are the daily trainers. They also specialize in specific types, it seems. There's this house with an Aqua and Magma grunt who have found love and there's a bit of a moment where they are all like 'we're prepared to defend our love to the death' and their buddies are like 'nah man s'cool'. And then LOOKER! I find Looker stranded on the beach, and apparently he's suffering from amnesia. This Beauty takes him into her hut, Looker gives me the Audinite and that's it. He's just... amnesic. What the hell! And apparently people have figured out that this is Looker's first chronological appearance, so, yeah, poor Looker.

Sidney is also hanging around the Battle Maison, stopping me and talking about Steven, and apparently he's just going around the world and stuff. There are also a shit-ton of Chatelaine fanboys around.

I also do the absurdly long O-Powers bulshit, talking to these old men with different shirts in Mauville's pokemon center, and apparently they want to find a powerless man to give powers to. So they circle around this random powerless man living in the apartment across of them, and do this weird borderline-Satanic ritual where they just run around him and one by one disappear into him while he apparently freaking orgasms. It's disturbing, and it results them combining into Mr. Bonding, the creepiest and rape-iest of all characters in fiction ever.

Then I just flew around and entered one of the Mirage Spots or whatever and captured a bunch of stuff. Tynamos and all sorts of exotic things. And then the legendaries... to be honest I am not at all motivated to catch any of them. Another set of the ugly Sinnoh Pixies? Or a third set of the Horse Party? I did use Shedinja to literally absorb everything Cobalion can dish out and capture him with a Pokeball, but I don't really care all that much for the rest to bother just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment