Sunday 1 November 2015

Toriko 345 Review: Holy Introdumps, Batman

Toriko, Chapter 345: The Truth About the Project


I did retype a lot of the explanations about Warp Kitchen, the Back Channel, Moon, Another and some revelations about the food kitchens in Blue Grill, but my computer ate all that. And I can't be bothered to rewrite all of it again, so, uh, maybe you can read the chapter? The translations are relatively good and I just am too lazy to retype what's easily three pages' worth of stuff that you can read from the chapter. Sorry. Just a bit too tired.

The weird Frohze-Joie-whoever figure just... disappears. So much for that cliffhanger.

We've got some subplot with what's definitely Chako's mother helping Chako out by giving him a mask. And weird hobo dude explains to Komatsu how the food slavery system works, and, well, it's definitely unabashed slavery, sympathetic Don Slime or not. They're cooking the full course, or at least attempting to, and Komatsu just kind of waltzes up and go "I've cooked Air" and the people there are all like "Man you crazy" and Komatsu goes all "Let me show you how to cook Air in less than five minutes" and BOOM.

Jiji gives an introdump to Yuda and the others about Moon, Another, the Back Channel, Soul Worlds, Warp Kitchen and everything. Kinda makes sense, and it's possibly the best we can get to an explanation regarding the back channel, which is actually relatively scientific, somewhat, with some speed of light and time dilation effects or whatever. I dunno. I'm just too tired to analyze it.

Since Pair can open the gateway to the back channel, so Bambina's balls are comparable to a fish that have surpassed the speed of light. Yup. A monkey's balls.

It's definitely a satisfying explanation to a lot of questions I have about the Back Channel and whatnot, and Komatsu is kind of a badass. Am glad this cutscene is going on as long as it is, since it's answering a fair amount of questions and showing what happens, so I have faith that Toriko isn't as rushed as I thought it was.

Overall great chapter, lots of content, I'm just too lazy and tired to talk about it. I still have, like, two gigantic Tokyo Ghoul reviews to write. And maybe Akame Ga Kill and Terraformars when I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment